Revolutionary Tooth Replacements that are the Solution to Tooth Loss
[MANHATTAN, Date] – Every day, millions of people suffer tooth loss in spite of the notable improvements in dental care. In the past, the only solutions for this problem were dentures and bridges. Today, however, dental implants have become a revolutionary treatment choice for missing teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
They are artificial replacements for dental roots. They offer a strong foundation onto which removable or permanent replacement teeth are fixed. The implant is a titanium pole and it is placed in the patient’s jawbone. Dental implants are a great option for patients looking for a long-term tooth replacement solution. Unlike dentures and bridges, dental implants make it possible to chew all kinds of foods without worrying about breaking or weakening the replacement; they act just like natural teeth. The technology behind dental implants has improved over the years and has even minimized cases of implant failures due to rejection or problems of functionality.
The Process of Getting a Dental Implant
There are various treatment plans that can be taken towards fixing a dental implant depending on the specific needs of every patient. The dental implant that is a titanium pole is fixed in the bone socket of the tooth that is missing. The jawbone then heals and grows around the implant firming and securing it in the jaw; healing takes 6-12 weeks. After healing, a connector post called an abutment is attached to the implant. A crown (ceramic tooth) is then fastened to the abutment and the final result is a natural-looking tooth replacement that fits right in with the rest.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Restoration of your appearance: Dental implants will give you back the feel of a full smile that looks completely natural. Since the implant becomes one with your jawbone, it also gives a permanent feel.
- Ease when chewing: Having a gap in your teeth or a sliding denture can cause discomfort when chewing. A dental implant mimics a normal tooth not only in appearance but also in functionality. With an implant, you can confidently eat any kind of food.
- Improved speech: Dental implants fit perfectly in place and let you to speak without the worry of your teeth slipping within your mouth as is with dentures. Dental implants get rid of mumbles or slurs in your speech.
- Boosted self-esteem and comfort: Dental implants give you back your natural-looking complete smile and this will make you feel better and confident in yourself. Their permanency makes them comfortable compared to removable dentures.
- Better oral health: Dental implants do not require altering of neighboring teeth as is the case with bridges. Your own teeth are not tampered with. It is also easy to reach between teeth and dental implants when brushing making it easy to keep up oral health.
- Dental implants are durable: With good care, implants can last many years and even a lifetime.
Dental implants have a very high success rate of up to 98%. If you are considering dental implants, you need to visit implant specialist and cosmetic dentist Dr. Mahnaz Rashti, D.D.S. for the best service. You can find more information about this company on their website https://www.dentalimplant90210.com/.